Jerome James, MASc., P.Eng., CEM
EMPLOYER AND POSITION
Magna International, Energy Manager
ACTIVITIES IN ADVOCACY ORGANIZATIONS
- Board Development & Strategic Planning Committee, OSPE, 2018-2019, 2020-Present
- Member, Joint Relations Committee, OSPE and PEO, 2020-Present
- Member, COVID-19 Economic Recovery Working Group, OSPE, 2020-Present
- Secretary, Executive Committee, OSPE, 2019-2020
- Chair, Environment Task Force, OSPE, 2018-2020
- Contributor, Diversity and Inclusion – The Engineering Change Lab, 2017
- Executive VP, Calgary Centre Political Riding Association, 2016
- Shaper Alumni, WEF Global Shapers Community, Present
OTHER PROFESSIONAL AFFILIATIONS
- Board Director, OSPE, 2018 – Present
- Member, Association of Energy Engineers
- Founding Board Director, Black Engineers Canada
- Member, PEO
- Covid-19 Front-Line Worker Initiative, 3D-Printed Mask Accessory, Toronto, 2020
- Organizer, Shape7 – Initiative to connect youth voices to G7 talks, Toronto, 2018
- Mentor, Women in Engineering Mentorship Workshop, Waterloo, 2017
- Volunteer, Syrian Refugee Support Group, Calgary, 2016
- Organizer, Partnership Walk, Aga Khan Development Network, 2013 – 2015
- Volunteer, Micro-Finance Development Project, Gujarat India, AIESEC, 2012
CONFERENCE OR TECHNICAL PAPERS GIVEN OR PUBLISHED
- James, Jerome P., Choi, Hai-Won D., Pharoah, Jon G. “X-ray Computed Tomography Reconstruction and Analysis of Polymer Electrolyte Membrane Fuel Cell Porous Transport Layer.” International Journal of Hydrogen Energy 37.23 (2012): 18216-18230. Print.
- James, Jerome P. “Determination of Transport Properties of PTL Layers of Electrolyte Membrane Fuel Cells Using Micro X-Ray Tomography.” Fuel Cell Seminar & Exposition (2010). Poster.
I am honored to be nominated for a director position on the OSPE board for a second term. Over the past three years, I have been an active member of the OSPE community by being engaged in and contributing to several committees and task forces. As a key contributor to OSPE’s strategic vision through the BD & SP Committee, I helped build the current strategic plan and look forward to seeing it realized. I am particularly excited about OSPE’s renewed commitment to engage with our members and make sure their voices are amplified and their concerns are addressed. Thus, I recently commenced developing an OSPE produced podcast that features everyday engineering stories and perspectives.
If elected, I will work to increase our community engagement, specifically to make OSPE more accountable to its members and increase visibility with the public at large. I will capitalize on the connections I have built within the PEO council to revitalize and strengthen our relationship, and make sure Ontario’s engineers have a strong advocacy voice now and into the future.