Kam Sing Leong, P. Eng., FEC
EMPLOYER AND POSITION
Metrolinx, Manager, Facilities Engineering and Assurance
Bachelor of Technology, Ryerson University
ACTIVITIES IN ADVOCACY ORGANIZATIONS
- Past Chapter Chair of York Chapter
- Past Secretary of York Chapter
- Past Director of Certificate presentation of York Chapter
- OSPE Infrastructure task force
- OSPE Sustainability task force
- PEO Academic Requirements Committee
YEARS OF REGISTRATION WITH PROFESSION
Ontario – 1994, PEO to Present
Treasurer, Air Cadets 351 Squadron, York Region, 5 years
CONFERENCE OR TECHNICAL PAPERS GIVEN OR PUBLISHED
American Public Transportation Association (APTA) conference in Houston, Railway operations sustainability.
The reason for running in the upcoming OSPE Board of Director is my passion for our Engineering community for the past 20 years (having involved in Chapter affairs and PEO) and I can bring new ideas and a passion to implement them.
If elected I am aware that I will be working and have the support of the Executive team to make positive changes. As part of the Executive team, I have the power to set priorities for the Society for the next three years and that is an amazing opportunity.
The changes that I would like to engage in are the following:
- Increase in membership. Canvass and attracting more engineers to join OSPE to provide a stronger voice in advocating for our engineering profession.
- Identify gaps between PEO and OSPE and ensuring there is no overlap in mandates between the two organization.
- Set priority in having better coordination and collaboration between PEO and OSPE. That means no broken telephone and be able to open a better communication channel to provide clarity.
My position in the public sector provided me with the experience in dealing with the three levels of government. I am still very active in the York Chapter and in participating as an executive member in OSPE allowed me to speak on behalf of my York Region members. Please vote for me and I look forward in serving you and providing you with a VOICE in the Engineering Profession.