Yousef Kimiagar, MMSc.,P.Eng.,PMP,FIRSE,SMIEEE
EMPLOYER AND POSITION
Hatch Inc., Vice President Advanced Technologies/Rail Systems
Hatch, Mississauga, ON
ACTIVITIES IN ADVOCACY ORGANIZATIONS
- Fellow, Institution of Railway Signal Engineers, UK
- Member Ontario Society of Professional Engineers (OSPE), Political Action Network (PAN)
- Senior Member of Institution of Electrical & Electronics Engineers (SMIEEE)
YEARS OF REGISTRATION WITH PROFESSION
- Electrical (Ontario), P.Eng. 2004
- Electrical (British Columbia), P.Eng. 1998
- Project Management Professional, PMP 2003
OTHER PROFESSIONAL AFFILIATIONS
- Chair IRSE CBTC conference
- Chair IEEE, CBTC/Signals Standards Committee
- Co-Chair, Transportation Research Board Paper Review Taskforce
- Mentor Program Younger Professionals
- Community engagement – City of Markham
CONFERENCE OR TECHNICAL PAPERS GIVEN OR PUBLISHED
Over 20 published papers, articles and presentations about Artificial Intelligence in Rail Industry, Advanced Train Control Systems, Systems Management, P3 Infrastructure Projects, Modernization and Digitalization of Railway and IoT.
The engineering profession touches all aspects of our lives. But despite this fact, engineers do not get the proportional rewards in comparison with other professions. Engineers need to value their contribution to the society and in parallel, elevate the public knowledge about this fact.
I have always emphasized that the younger professionals are the lifeline of every profession and without the right level of attraction, we will not be able to fill in the gap that baby boomers are leaving behind. My efforts in attracting younger professionals extend to devoting my time to mentorship programs and organizing conferences affordable to this group of workforce.
Engineering is still a profession with gender gap. Although improvements have been made in the recent years, but we still have a long way to go. Arranging programs at different levels of education system is essential to fill in the gender gap in engineering.
These are some of the high priority tasks that we need to take actions to resolve. I am determined to do my part and put share my decades of hard earned experience towards a concerted effort at OSPE to achieve these goals.