Virtual Career Events Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Please read the following FAQs before registering for any Virtual Career Event.
How many jobs can I apply to?
- You are permitted to make submissions to more than one employer and to more than one job posting if you deem you are qualified.
How does it work?
- You review job descriptions and select which job description you want to make a submission for.
- Click on the APPLY TO button link, and you will be directed to OSPE’s, and OSPE’s job search training partner’s, Transition to Hired, cloud-based web platform, where you can demonstrate your qualifications on video.
- The APPLY TO button will take you to the employer’s portal and the specific job posting you selected to apply to.
- You will be greeted with a brief description of the job. Then you will be prompted to enter your name, email, and upload a document, such as your resume. You can read the terms and you must accept the terms to proceed. ONCE YOU ACCEPT THE TERMS AND CLICK NEXT YOU MUST COMPLETE THE FULL COMPLEMENT OF QUESTIONS IN ONE SITTING. ALLOW AT LEAST 30 MINUTES.
- Click next and you will be taken to questions and the answer-by-video-recording section of the VIC.
- You will have an opportunity to test your video and audio settings. The platform will automatically prompt you if your lighting is off and ask you to adjust it.
- You will be able to do a test video first, before answering the questions.
- You can prepare some talking points on the CHECKLIST beside the video frame that will be available to view as a prompt during your answer recordings; its use is optional.
- You will be presented with three questions, one at a time, you will be required to click the button record and you will have a time limit of 1 minute to deliver your answer. You have as much time as you want before the first question and between questions to prepare.
- You can have up to three retakes per question. Retakes are optional. Each video retake will be saved, and at the end of your third retake, you will be presented with the option of reviewing and then selecting which of the three you want to submit. You MUST only select one for submitting. You have the retake option for ALL three questions.
- You can only submit one video answer per question.
- Your answers will be reviewed by the employer. If you are not selected for the job posting you made a submission for, you will be notified by email, within X days of event. If you are selected, you will be sent your confirmation of live meeting time. In the email you will be sent an interview preparation kit on how to prepare for your live meeting.