NPPE Exam Skills Preparation for IEGs
This preparation program is a unique course designed specifically to support international engineering graduates who are preparing to write PEO’s National Professional Practice Exam (NPPE). By spreading over 30 hours of instruction across several weeks, we elevate the learning in order to establish a solid understanding of legal and ethical regulations critical to the NPPE and to the engineering industry.
Passing the NPPE is a requirement for licensure but being able to apply these concepts in the industry is a specialization for life. Our goal? To provide a foundation for success on the NPPE and beyond.
The Benefits of Enrolment
Unrivaled Resources and Features
What’s in it for you?
- Over 30 hours of classroom instruction on the NPPE
- Small class sizes led by highly knowledgeable instructors
- Networking with colleagues
- We give you time to engage with the material, learn the concepts and ask questions
- We build in writing exercises and classroom discussions so you can practice applying the concepts to questions on the exam – and to industry.
- It’s about more than preparing for the exam. It’s about elevating your profession
We prepare you for the NPPE and your long-term professional needs:
- Acquire knowledge about professional liability, the legal/ethical duties of engineers and more!
- Supporting you when you resubmit your Experience Record post-NPPE – OSPE’s workshop “Preparing your PEO Experience Record” (over $200 value)
- Meeting you wherever you are in your career – 1-hour of personalized job coaching with career expert Paul Hill (over $200 value)
- 1-year OSPE membership with access to all exclusive member benefits
Exceptional Value of $99 +HST
We want to help you achieve your professional goals
Still not convinced?
Read what some of our past students have to say about the program
At the start of the program, I just wanted to pass the exam. However, I learned that to be a professional engineer, passing the exam is not enough; you have to understand how these lectures and classroom discussions arm you to succeed and use then use them in your daily practices to protect the public.
I passed the PPE Exam in my first attempt and am using essential key concepts I learned in the program in my profession now.
– KW, Program Graduate
This bridge training program is not just a training program but a guiding light for new Canadians and anyone seeking to begin a career in Ontario’s Engineering sector.
The program was specifically useful to understand the engineering requirements to work in Ontario as the role of Engineers in Canada is different when compared to my previous experience. The program provided excellent study material and knowledge helping to crack the Professional Practice Examinations.
– JV, Program Graduate
The bridge training program helped to familiarize me with law and ethics exam questions and how to answer them. It also helped me a lot to manage my time during the exam. I believe that without this program, I would not have managed to pass the exam.
– YE, Program Graduate
- Applicants must have an undergraduate engineering degree from outside Canada.
- Applicants must be Canadian Citizens, permanent residents or convention refugees/claimants. International students and temporary foreign workers are not eligible for the program.
- Applicants must have a minimum of 3 years of relevant engineering work experience (international or Canadian).
- Applicants should have a letter from Professional Engineers Ontario indicating eligibility to write the NPPE.
- Applicants must have a CLB (or equivalent) of 7 or higher in all categories.
Step 1: Completion of the online application form.
Step 2: Applicants receive an email to provide supporting documentation which will be considered along with the application form.
Step 3: Once supporting documents are received, a 20-minute telephone conversation is booked with the applicant to discuss the next steps.
You will receive payment instructions once you’ve been accepted into the program.
OSPE reserves the right to cancel a course no later than seven days prior to the course start date. If the course is canceled, a full refund will be issued. OSPE is not responsible for travel arrangements and accommodation costs, or any associated cancellation/change fees. Please contact us at 1-866-763-1654 to confirm that the course is running before making arrangements for travel and accommodations. Please review our Course Cancellation, Withdrawal and Refund Policy before registering for a course.