The wellbeing of OSPE staff and members is our primary concern. As such, we have been closely monitoring the developments regarding COVID-19 over the weekend, and have made some difficult decisions regarding upcoming events.
In line with social distancing precautions suggested by the Federal Government, OSPE will be cancelling all events until June 30th 2020. This includes:
- Nothin’ but NEM NBA event on March 30th,
- OSPE’s AGM on May 6th – more details on this to follow
- Engineering Employment Events on April 15th and May 6th, and;
- OSPE’s 20th anniversary dinner celebration on May 8th
- Summer Boat Cruise on June 24th
- Further, all professional development courses are being deferred to after this date.
As we take our public health responsibilities seriously, we have made changes to how our staff work as well, opting to work from home. Online connectivity means that there will be no disruption to the services OSPE is able to provide its members—any meetings scheduled will now take place virtually or over the phone.
While our offices at 4950 Yonge St. will be closed for in-person member visits, we will still be operating at full capacity and offering our full range of services.
Our social media channels will be providing up to the minute notifications should anything change. We will continue to monitor the situation closely, and OSPE will notify its members immediately.
OSPE is proud to represent a proactive, engaged member base. Should you need any additional assistance, or have any ideas of how we can help you, please do not hesitate to reach out.
Website – https://ospe.on.ca/