It’s that time of year again – when we take a day to recognize all that the engineers in our lives do for us and society as a whole!
Are you a proud professional engineer? Do you know someone who is an engineer? Are you in the process of becoming a professional engineer?
March 1, 2019, marks the third annual Professional Engineers Day or P.Eng. Day in Ontario and it’s the perfect opportunity to celebrate the innovative work and expertise of the engineers in your life and across the province!
What is P.Eng. Day?
- In March 2018, OSPE received formal recognition from the Legislative Assembly of Ontario that every March 1st be declared Professional Engineers Day in our province.
- P.Eng. Day recognizes the vital role that professional engineers play in designing, creating and safeguarding our province. They are on the front lines of innovation and create paradigm-changing solutions that drive and improve the world around us.
Why Celebrate P.Eng. Day?
- At OSPE, we believe Ontario’s engineers deserve credit for all the great things they do in every sector of our economy. That’s why we set out to create a day that officially recognizes and thanks professional engineers for their significant contributions to the continued success of our province.
- The creation of P.Eng. Day in Ontario is just one example of the proactive steps OSPE is taking to advance the professional and economic interests of Ontario’s engineers.
How Can You Participate in P.Eng. Day?
Help us celebrate P.Eng. Day and promote the importance of the engineering profession in Ontario by:
- Profiling engineers from your company or workplace
- Hosting a coffee or tea appreciation hour
- Taking a photo of yourself, your engineering colleagues, or the cool projects you are working on and sharing them on social media using the hashtag #PEngDay
- Sharing or retweeting one of OSPE’s prepared social media messages on March 1st
Share one of these social media messages on your favourite channel:
- Today for #PEngDay, I need to give a shout out to all of the #engineers in my life! Thank YOU!
- Happy #PEngDay! Today we celebrate all of the work that Ontario’s #engineers have done to help make our world work.
- #ProfessionalEngineers are leaders, doers and innovators. I’m proud to celebrate the engineering profession with my colleagues across the province! #PEngDay
Download one of these graphics to go along with your post!
Download the image for: