The personal & professional benefits of serving on a Board of Directors
It is always important to seek new professional challenges to remain inspired by your work and to remind yourself why you love what you do. How better to satisfy your craving for change than to inspire change in others by serving on a non-profit board?
What are some of the primary benefits of serving on a not-for-profit board?
- Raise the profile of a near-and-dear organization, cause, and/or your profession as a whole
- Hone your leadership and project management skills as you do your part to guide the organization’s strategic decision making and direction
- Build your network, gain new perspective from outside of your workplace or discipline, and collaborate with other highly motivated professionals and industry peers
- Strengthen your resume by enhancing your business acumen
- Feel good for doing good: Embrace a new-found sense of purpose that comes from channelling your skills and expertise into something that benefits your community
Are you a Professional or Associate OSPE member? We need YOU! Apply today to join our Board of Directors
OSPE is currently seeking a Board Director to fill a vacancy for the remainder of a three-year term (approximately 2 ½ years).
Become a driving force at OSPE, advance the economic interests of Ontario’s engineers, and help increase the public’s awareness of the important role of your profession in society.
The OSPE three-year plan, Engineering the Future Together, will focus on growing the OSPE community and working in tandem with other experts and organizations to build respect and generate new opportunities to amplify the voice of the engineers in Ontario. It also ensures that OSPE continues to enhance the prosperity and sustainability of the profession by attracting and delivering value to members at all stages of their careers – from students to retirees. Share your knowledge, expertise and passion for the profession to:
- Foster industrious relationships with members, partners, governments and the public
- Help guide OSPE’s strategic direction and position on important advocacy topics
- Contribute to OSPE’s committees, task forces and advisory groups to help achieve the Society’s objectives and to ensure that engineers are at the decision-making table when it comes to public policy
For more information on OSPE’s Board and the role of Board Directors, view the full volunteer posting.
If you wish to serve and actively participate in your engineering community as an OSPE volunteer Board Director, please forward your resume and cover letter in MS Word format by Friday February 7, 2020 to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please demonstrate clearly how your qualifications, experience and interest align with the duties outlined for an OSPE Board Director.
We look forward to hearing from you!