PLEASE NOTE: Voting for the election opens March 23.
For more information on the upcoming election and other candidates, click here.
Réjeanne Aimey, P.Eng.
EMPLOYER AND POSITION:
KPMG LLP, Senior Technical Consultant
- Western University, B.E.Sc., Mechanical and Materials Engineering, 2003
- University of Phoenix, MBA, 2007
- 2016 – Present SR&ED Consulting, KPMG LLP
- 2015 – 2016 EHS software consulting, VelocityEHS
- 2010 – 2014 Manufacturing, General Motors of Canada Limited
- 2009 – 2010 Engineering, Atomic Energy of Canada Limited
- 2003 – 2009 Engineering, General Motors of Canada Limited
- 2001 – 2002 Mechanical Engineering Internship, DuPont Canada Inc.
ACTIVITIES IN ADVOCACY ORGANIZATIONS
- OSPE Board Director, 2017 to 2020
- OSPE Committees:
- Executive Committee, served as Secretary of the Board, 2017- present
- Audit and Finance Committee – served as Treasurer of the Board, 2018
- OSPE/PEO Joint Relations Committee
- Vice-Chair of the Board, Awards Committee, 2019-2020
YEARS OF REGISTRATION WITH PROFESSION:
- Ontario, P.Eng., 2007
My fellow OSPE members, it is with great pleasure that I currently serve you as Vice-Chair of the OSPE board and I wish to continue to do so for another three-year term. OSPE is at a pivotal moment in its history; one where our professionalism is being challenged by both internal and external forces. Through advocacy to government and to the public we ensure that the way the profession as a whole is viewed by stakeholders and decision-makers is one of value. We do this by working to be inclusive of the diverse opinions of all engineers to make us stronger whether this be in the areas of Energy, Environment, Infrastructure, and Research and Innovation. I am personally quite passionate about ensuring the credibility of our profession is intact by continuing to work toward common ground with our regulatory body, the PEO, and by ensuring the contributions of all of our members are valued. This would include understanding the challenges that engineers and engineering graduates of all ages and backgrounds face in the workplace and leveraging OSPE’s reach to raise the standard of our experience so that we can make a difference in Ontario. If you’ll have me, I will be here to serve.