Anna Gkalimani, P.Eng
Employer and position
NA Engineering Associates Inc., Structural Engineer
- Eng in Civil Engineering, Democritus University of Thrace, Greece, 2004
- M. S in Earthquake Engineering and Seismic-Resistant Structures, Hellenic Open University, Greece, 2016
- Structural Engineer, NA Engineering Associates Inc, Canada, 2014 – Present
- Project Manager, Magico LTD, Cyprus, 2011-2013
- Structural Engineer, Euroco SA, Greece, 2007-2010
- Assistant Engineer, Mac Beton, Greece, 2005-2007
Activities in advocacy organizations:
- OSPE Women in Engineering Advocacy Task Force member, 2018 – Present
Years of registration with profession
- PEO, 2018 – Present
Prior to my arrival in Canada I have held engineering positions in Greece and Cyprus. Throughout my professional career I have been involved in a variety of projects, teams and cultures. This experience was particularly beneficial to me and has cultivated my ability to embrace diversity and engage individuals in creating strong partnerships.
As an internationally trained engineer myself, I know the challenges that internationally trained engineers face in their effort to be part of the profession and with the licensure process. I have personal experience of how important it is to be engaged in the profession, to create networks and have mentors. By being an active member of the Women in Engineering Advocacy Task Force (WE ACT) of OSPE, I have the rewarding opportunity to give back to the profession by empowering and advocating for women in engineering.
Today I accept the honor to be nominated for the board of directors. If elected, I will work toward engaging more engineers in OSPE by promoting the support that OSPE offers and the importance of being advocated. Through WE ACT I will continue to work toward creating a more inclusive and diverse engineering profession by encouraging the full participation of women and other under- represented groups.
Knowing that my work is adding value to the engineering community as well as to the public has always been very important to me. I invite all of you to support my nomination. It is together that we can make OSPE and engineering stronger!
For more information visit https://www.ospe.on.ca/board-elections