Angela Wojtyla, P.Eng.
Employer and Position
- CGI Group Inc.
Director, Consulting – Utilities (Oct. 2017 – Present)
- MBA Essentials for Managers Certificate, University of Toronto – Rotman School of Management (2016)
- BS in Electrical Engineering, University of Manitoba (2009)
- Redknee Inc. (Feb. 2014 – Jun. 2017)
- Sales Director Americas (Apr 2016 – Jun 2017)
- Business Development Manager (Nov 2015 – Jun 2017)
- Business Manager, Office of the CEO (Feb 2014 – Apr 2016)
- Hydro One Corporation (Aug. 2010 – Jan. 2014)
- Assistant Network Management Engineer (Jan. 2013 – Jan. 2014)
- Project Manager (Nov. 2011 – May 2012)
- Protection & Control Engineer (Aug. 2010 – Jan. 2014)
- Manitoba Hydro (July 2009 – Aug. 2010)
- Electrical Engineering EIT
- University of Manitoba (Jan. 2009 – July 2009)
- Teacher Assistant
- Manitoba Hydro (Apr. 2007 – Apr. 2009)
- Technical Support
Activities in Advocacy Organizations
- West Toronto Professional Engineers of Ontario (WTPEO)
Executive Committee Member (2017 – Present)
- Information Technology Association of Canada (ITAC)
Member of the Women on Boards Diversity Committee (2014 – Present)
- Young Professionals in Energy (YPE)
Board Member of Toronto Chapter (2012 – Present)
- Women in Trades, Technology and Engineering Committee at Hydro One Corporation
Founder and Co-Chair (2011 – 2014)
Years of Registration with the Profession
- PEO (2015 – Present)
- APEGM (2004 – 2015)
I am honoured by the opportunity to serve on the OSPE Board. I strongly believe engineers need a powerful voice to advocate with all levels of government, employers and their community.
My diverse work experience will help me make sound decisions and provide relevant direction in moving various OSPE initiatives forward. Currently, I am a Director of Consulting for the utilities sector at CGI, a publicly listed Canadian global IT consulting, systems integration, and solutions company. I formerly was a Business Manager for Redknee Solutions working directly with the executive team to manage strategic telecom activities. I have also worked at Hydro One and Manitoba Hydro in a variety of roles including Field Protection and Control Engineer and Regulatory Affairs Advisor.
I believe I am the ideal candidate to act on your behalf because of my extensive international business experience and my long-standing interest in advocacy and diversity. This includes board experience as a member of ITAC’s Women on Boards Diversity Committee, as a Board Member of YPE’s Toronto Chapter, and as an Executive Committee Member of the PEO West Toronto Chapter.
If elected, I will bring my passion, dedication and inclination to empower professionals, embrace diversity and mentor students to help achieve the Board’s objective of increasing its membership among engineering professionals and students. I will also draw upon my engineering, business development and sales skills while participating in OSPE initiatives.
I look forward to serving our powerful community.
Thank you for your support and consideration.
For more information visit https://ospe.on.ca/about_us/governance/board-election-2020/.