This article is courtesy of our partner The Personal.
To avoid major financial hassles in the event of damage, it’s always important to protect your vehicle, your home and your belongings. That’s why we’ve put together some ways you could reduce your insurance premiums. Why pay more when it’s so easy to save?
Bundle your policies
If you haven’t already done it, it’s well worth insuring your cars and recreational vehicles (like motorcycles, snowmobiles and campers), as well as your home and cottage, with the same insurance company. Bundling all your policies can help you save on your premiums.
Update your car insurance
- Increase your deductibles. You can save on your premium by increasing your deductibles for Collision or Upset and Comprehensive. But before you make any changes, make sure you’d be comfortable paying that amount in the event of a claim.
- Insure all your vehicles with us. You could save on your car insurance premium with our Multi-Vehicle Discount.
- Tell us if you install winter tires. When you have winter tires on your car in the colder months, you’ll enjoy better road safety and you could also get our Winter Tire Savings.
Shopping for a new car?
- Choose a model with a lower insurance rate. Compare rates for different models to choose one that has a lower insurance rate.
- Choose a car with more affordable repairs. It costs less to repair a standard car than a luxury model. Repair costs could also impact your insurance premium.
Update your home insurance
- Review your coverage. It’s worth letting your insurance company know if you’ve made changes like re-roofing your home. It could save you money on your premium.
- Increase your deductible. If you’re comfortable paying more out of pocket in an insurance claim, you could increase your deductible and reduce your home insurance costs.
- Insure your home and your car with us. You could save on your home insurance with our Multi-Line Discount.
- Has someone in your home quit smoking? Let us know! A smoke-free home reduces the risk of a fire, and it lowers your insurance premium.
Add security/prevention systems in your home
- Install a centrally-monitored fire and theft system. You could save on your home insurance with our Alarm System Discount.
- Protect your home from water damage. You’ll have peace of mind, and you could save on your home insurance with our Water Damage Prevention System Savings.
To find out more, call 1-888-476-8737.
Or visit thepersonal.com/ospe
This article is being provided by OSPE on behalf of The Personal which has a group sponsorship agreement with regards to home and auto insurance for our members.
The Personal refers to The Personal General Insurance Inc. in Quebec and The Personal Insurance Company in all other provinces and territories of Canada.
The information and advice in this article are provided for informational purposes only. The Personal shall not be liable for any damages or losses arising from any reliance upon such information or advice. The Personal recommends using caution and consulting with experts with respect to the proper use, installation and storage of any products referred to herein.