In February, OSPE launched its updated website and online member platform to simplify the process for online membership sign up and renewal.
Today’s blog post will address some of your frequently asked questions by walking you through the initial steps required to set up your online account.
Let’s begin navigating the first few pages that you will encounter on the OSPE website.
Visit https://www.ospe.on.ca/ to get started.
If you are a new member:
- Click the red “Join OSPE” tab at the top right hand corner of your screen
- You will be taken to a page that prompts you to select your membership type and enter your email address
After you fill in the required information, click on the red “Continue” tab to proceed with setting up your account on the following “About You”, “Payment” and “Receipt” pages
If you are an existing member logging into the new website for the first time:
- Click on the blue “Sign In” tab at the top right hand corner of your screen
- A pop-up window will appear. The text at the top of this pop-up window will read, “If this is your first time logging into the new website click here”. Select the blue text that says, “Click Here”
- A new pop up window will appear onscreen prompting you to enter your email address, so that you can reset your password. Hit “Submit” and a reset password will immediately be sent to the email address provided
Once you are logged in:
Once you have successfully logged into your OSPE account, you will be taken to the “Membership Area” page, where you will have easy access to some of OSPE’s most-used membership features. On this page, you will find options to update your profile, renew your membership, set up auto-renewal and check out pages for the EngineersFirst Savings Program or the Engineering Fee Guideline, to name a few.
The main “Membership Area” page also provides easy access to some of the many ways that you can get involved with OSPE, including direct links to OSPE’s advocacy initiatives and professional development and career services.
Adjust your membership settings:
It is important to update your profile, so that your preferences are set to your liking. To adjust your membership settings, click the “Update Profile” option within the left hand menu on the “Membership Area” page. Here, you can select which of OSPE’s member communications you’d like to receive.
If you have any questions about how to log into or set up your OSPE account, email email@example.com.