The Call for Speakers is now open for OSPE’s annual Engineering Conference which will take place in-person next fall, 2022. From the climate crisis to big data, project engineering to clean energy, engineering management to the importance of engineers leading society, if your expertise lends itself to a critical conversation related to the future of engineering, we want to hear from you.
OSPE is looking for thought-provoking presenters to engage engineers and stakeholders from across the industry regarding the latest research and innovations. Join us to inspire discussions and positive change in your profession by addressing the concerns facing engineers today.
Each proposal will be evaluated by the Ontario Society of Professional Engineers Selection Committee, made up of professional engineers, based on four key criteria:
- Relevance: How well does the proposed topic tie in the with the overall theme of the conference?
- Speaker experience: How well versed is the speaker in their proposed abstract?
- Applicability: Does the proposal touch on a critical conversation related to the future of engineering?
- Delivery: Does the proposal encompass unique ways to engage the audience?
Successful Presentations and Topics at OSPE’s 2021 Engineering Conference
- Getting to Zero – How to Build Passively Safe Small Modular Reactors
- Passive Magnetic Inspection Provides Quantitative Infrastructure Impact Assessment
- Using Realistic 3D Simulation to Enhance Machine Control Programming
- Bio-Regenerative Building Design – An Indoor Nature-Based Solution
- The Engineering Profession & The Climate Crisis
- How to Build a Non-Traditional Engineering Team
- The Future of the P.Eng. Licence
- How Organizations Can Prepare Their Leaders, Boards and Risk Managers for Artificial Intelligence
- Qualifications-Based Selection in Ontario, and many more (read these blog posts regarding the 2021 Learning Streams – Artificial Intelligence, Sustainability & Innovation and Engineering Workforce)
How to Apply
Please click here to start your application. Complete the online form with details regarding your proposed presentation. Successful applicants will be required to present in-person in Ottawa, Ontario in the Fall of 2022. Date TBC as soon as possible.
All speaking engagements will be voluntary. Speakers may be eligible for travel reimbursements up to a capped amount as per the event travel policy. If you have any questions regarding this call for abstracts, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
The deadline for applications is Friday, January 7, 2022.
Applicants will be notified regarding the selection committee’s decision in Spring 2022. Thank you for applying! Keep your eyes on www.engineeringconference.ca for more details about the conference as they become available.