Jane Ravenshaw, P.Eng.
EMPLOYER AND POSITION
President, one-two-five inc.
• University of Toronto, BASc, Industrial Engineering, 1985
• 1985-1996: General Motors, Canada- started as an Industrial Engineer and quickly moved to Manager, Industrial Engineering. Focused on simulation modeling of manufacturing systems and analytics.
ACTIVITIES IN ADVOCACY ORGANIZATIONS
• Board Director, June Callwood Centre for Young Women (Jessie’s) 2015-2019
• Advocate for young pregnant teens, funding for programs via Ministry of Children and Youth Services. Focus: economic empowerment.
YEARS OF REGISTRATION WITH PROFESSION
PEO, 1986 – present
OTHER PROFESSIONAL AFFILIATIONS
• PMP (Project Management Professional) – 2001-2020
• Executive Coach, Royal Roads University, certified 2013
• Director, Ontario Masters Cross country skiing
• Pro bono coaching for young women entering the work force (focus on minorities and low income)
I have an interest in three areas of OSPE
- Diversity and Inclusion: realization through working in the automobile industry, diversity and inclusion are a huge issue. Most dealerships are still white male-dominated as are most suppliers to auto industry. I have many ideas of how to support women and minorities to be successful in industry.
- Technology- through my work in AI and analytics I understand the importance of technology in driving Ontario and Canada’s future economic growth. I would like to be able to influence growth of this sector.
- Green energy: Climate change is the single biggest issue facing the generations to come. I would like to be able to influence the implementation of green programs through government policy in an implementable way.
I have a strong marketing background that can assist in communication and advocacy. This can be used to engage current members and to increase membership in OSPE. I have lived in rural Oro-Medonte since 2014 but have also lived in small towns (Brighton, Port Perry), mid-sized cities (Brampton, London) and Toronto; I have a broad geographic perspective of Ontario. I have 4 grown children so understand the voice of youth. I think my broad skill set and societal awareness will aid in promoting OSPE to increase membership and to influence policy making.