Shane Kyron Adam Ghouralal, P.Eng., MBA
EMPLOYER AND POSITION
WSP Canada Inc. – Project Manager – Mining Team Lead
ACTIVITIES IN ADVOCACY ORGANIZATIONS
- Treasurer, Professional Engineers Ontario (Sudbury Chapter) – (3 years, 1month – Present)
- Engineers and Geoscientists of Manitoba (EGM) – Thompson Chapter ( 1 year -1month)
YEARS OF REGISTRATION WITH PROFESSION
- NL | PEGNL | Professional Engineer | 10197 | Jul 2020 – Present
- Ontario | PEO | Professional Engineer | 100523537 | Feb 2018 – Present
- MB | EGM | Professional Engineer | 35169 | Oct 2015 – Dec 2018
- MB | EGM | EIT | 35169 | Dec 2011 – Oct 2015
- Canadian Cancer Society, Volunteer, Ongoing
- WISE Kid-Netic Energy, Community Volunteer, 2016
I have always gravitated to the advocacy of engineers since I graduated from Geological Engineering. I felt the importance of the calling of the engineer and the role we have to the community, to the profession and to ourselves.
I started my service with the EGM, Thompson Chapter as Treasurer. I mentored EITs and interns. I started creating events to bring our members together to have discussions, network and engage in advocacy events in the community.
When I moved to Northern Ontario, I stayed committed to continuing to support the engineering profession by volunteering with the PEO Sudbury Chapter. I became the chapter’s treasurer to engage and plan the business of the chapter to regulate the profession and more importantly involve the body to support local STEM, charities and other community programs that promote engineering.
I recently moved to Toronto and the timing of the open position and my background felt organic to apply for the position after discussions with some of the current PEO Sudbury Chapter Executives. I have served on engineering chapter executive boards for over five years in financial, accounting and audit and business planning for my tenure. Being in the Chapter executive our committee was responsible for driving regulatory and advocacy simultaneously these would include coaching on new engineering policies and regulations that are being implemented. My engineering background and experiences with managing and leading teams have provided me with the skillsets required to perform well in the open position for the one-year term.