Where Top Employers Find Top Engineering Talent
OSPE’s Engineering Events (VE3s) connect Ontario’s best engineering professionals with the top employers.
Each monthly event is a fully accessible, virtual recruitment experience where candidates can create a personal connection to amplify their applications. We are pleased to offer this to everyone from all industries, backgrounds and walks of life, because OSPE knows that a diverse engineering workforce is the key to a dynamic and engaging profession.
The process is easy! – all you need to do is submit a video answering the introductory questions provided for each employer along with your resume. Selected candidates are invited to a 15-minute virtual meeting with their prospective employer(s) on the event date.
Join us at the next Virtual Engineering Employment Event (VE3) on October 3, 4
- Registration deadline: September 18, 2022 @ 11:59 PM EST
- Video introduction submission deadline: September 19, 2022 @ 11:59 PM EST
For details on the process, please see Submission Details and Parameters below.
Submission Details and Parameters
- Click on the “Register” button at the bottom of this page to register and gain access to the online video recording portal.
- You will receive a confirmation email granting you access to VIC, the automated video web platform.
- You will use this platform to enter your name, and double check your email entry, upload your resume and you will be prompted to start recording your answers to the same 3 introductory questions found at the bottom of each job description.
- Give yourself enough time to record your answers. Note that you will have up to three retakes for each question, and can then choose which recordings to submit.
- The employer(s) will review your submission, and if you are selected to move forward, you will be invited by email to attend a live, 15-minute video meeting on the event date.
- Job seeker registration deadline – September 18, 2022 @ 11:59 PM EST
- Job seeker video submission deadline – September 19, 2022 @ 11:59 PM EST
- VE3 dates: Oct 3, 4
- Make sure your lighting source is in front of you to make it easy to see you on camera.
- Control your environment (silence your cell phone, etc.) to avoid outside noises and distractions.
- Dress for success.
- Make eye contact with the camera, not your screen.
- Introduce yourself when answering your first question, and smile at the camera. This is your opportunity to connect with the person who will review your video.
- Avoid reading out or memorizing your answers – this can come off as unnatural. Instead, use the checklist feature on the left of the video frame to create talking points for yourself.
- Relax, and try to avoid fast or sudden movements as they can affect the video quality.
- Remember: there is no perfect answer or video introduction.