Where Top Employers Find Top Engineering Talent
OSPE’s Virtual E3s connect some of Ontario’s best engineering employers with the profession’s top talent. Prior to the event, candidates submit their resume and a video answering the introductory questions provided in each job description. Selected candidates are invited to a 15-minute virtual meeting with their prospective employer(s) on the event date. For details on the process, please see Submission Details and Parameters below.
Before You Register
Make sure to thoroughly review each job description and the introductory questions where you will find the link to register. Only register and pay for your video processing fee if you meet the requirements.
Please note that you must have a webcam, smartphone, or tablet with a camera to record your responses to the introductory questions and participate in virtual meetings.
Submission Details and Parameters
- Click on the “Register” button at the bottom of this page to register and pay for your video processing fee.
- You will receive a confirmation email granting you access to VIC, the automated video web platform.
- Here, enter your name, and double check your email entry, upload your resume and you will be prompted to start recording your answers to the same 3 introductory questions found at the bottom of each job description.
- Give yourself enough time to record your answers. Note that you will have up to three retakes for each question, and can then choose which recordings to submit.
- The employer(s) will review your submission, and if you are selected to move forward, you will be invited by email to attend a live, 15-minute video meeting on the event date.
Be sure to review the screening questions found at the bottom of each job description document.
STEM Engineering Group
- Video Introduction submission deadline – October 15, 2020 at 11:59
- If selected by an employer, you will be emailed a link with your live video meeting time – between October 22, 2020 and October 23, 2020
- Live video meetings between employers and selected participants – October 27, 2020 and October 28, 2020
Your video processing fee permits you to submit ONE video to ALL job descriptions you qualify for.
- Member Price: $20.00
- Non-Member Price: $49.00
Interested in becoming an OSPE member? Sign up when you register for this event to receive a 1 year OSPE membership and your video processing fee for just $149.
- Make sure your lighting source is in front of you to make it easy to see you on camera.
- Control your environment (silence your cell phone, etc.) to avoid outside noises and distractions.
- Dress for success.
- Make eye contact with the camera, not your screen.
- Introduce yourself when answering your first question, and smile at the camera. This is your opportunity to connect with the person who will review your video.
- Avoid reading out or memorizing your answers – this can come off as unnatural. Instead, use the checklist feature on the left of the video frame to create talking points for yourself.
- Relax, and try to avoid fast or sudden movements as they can affect the video quality.
- Remember: there is no perfect answer or video introduction.