Where Top Employers Find Top Engineering Talent
OSPE’s Virtual E3s connect some of Ontario’s best engineering employers with the profession’s top talent. Prior to the event, candidates submit their resume and a video answering the introductory questions provided in each job description. Selected candidates are invited to a 15-minute virtual meeting with their prospective employer(s) on the event date. For details on the process, please see Submission Details and Parameters below.
Save your seat for this exclusive event by registering now! For a limited time, OSPE is offering FREE access to the Job Search Workshop: Acing the Virtual and In-Person Interview to anyone who registers before April 21st, 2021.
This workshop is scheduled to run on April 22nd, 2021 at 6:00 PM ET.
Submission Details and Parameters
- Click on the “Register” button at the bottom of this page to register and pay for your video processing fee.
- You will receive a confirmation email granting you access to VIC, the automated video web platform.
- Starting April 23 you will use this platform to enter your name, and double check your email entry, upload your resume and you will be prompted to start recording your answers to the same 3 introductory questions found at the bottom of each job description.
- Give yourself enough time to record your answers. Note that you will have up to three retakes for each question, and can then choose which recordings to submit.
- The employer(s) will review your submission, and if you are selected to move forward, you will be invited by email to attend a live, 15-minute video meeting on the event date.
June employers coming soon! Check back on April 23 for our list of employers. Here are some of our past employers:
Pretium Engineering Inc.
R.V. Anderson Associates Limited
- Registration deadline: Wednesday May 12, 2021 at 11:59PM
- Video introduction submission deadline: Thursday May 13, 2021 at 11:59PM
- VE3 event June 2, 3 and 4, 2021
Your video processing fee permits you to submit ONE video to ALL job descriptions you qualify for.
- Member Price: $10
- Non-Member Price: $20
- OSPE Membership Package: $109.00 (includes one year OSPE membership and access to one VE3 event)
- Make sure your lighting source is in front of you to make it easy to see you on camera.
- Control your environment (silence your cell phone, etc.) to avoid outside noises and distractions.
- Dress for success.
- Make eye contact with the camera, not your screen.
- Introduce yourself when answering your first question, and smile at the camera. This is your opportunity to connect with the person who will review your video.
- Avoid reading out or memorizing your answers – this can come off as unnatural. Instead, use the checklist feature on the left of the video frame to create talking points for yourself.
- Relax, and try to avoid fast or sudden movements as they can affect the video quality.
- Remember: there is no perfect answer or video introduction.