OSPE Exchange Hubs
Are you interested in engaging with others within your community on topics related to the engineering profession? OSPE Exchange Hubs are officially launching across the province as of September 2019. The Hubs will be made up of groups of engineering students, graduates and engineers studying, living or working in a particular community in Ontario who are interested in engaging with each other on topics related to the engineering profession.
OSPE Exchange Hubs will allow students, graduates and engineers to become Ambassadors, working with OSPE staff and OSPE’s advocacy Committees and Task Forces to host gatherings or events in their own communities. The Hubs will be gathering places for the engineering community to discuss topics of interest related to advocacy, career insights, professional development, mentorship, etc.
In 2019, OSPE launched five Exchange Hubs at engineering schools in Ontario, including:
- Queen’s University in Kingston
- Ryerson University in Toronto
- McMaster University in Hamilton
- The University of Guelph
- The University of Windsor
- Gain leadership and management experience through the running of programs and events
- Improve communication and networking skills
- Be invited to and recognized at OSPE’s Annual General Meeting in May 2020
- Stay connected to all members of the engineering community
Ambassadors, or leaders of OSPE’s Exchange Hubs, will be required to:
- Complete an application form and submit a resume
- Undergo Ambassador training to become more familiar with OSPE and its strategic goals
- Attend monthly phone calls with OSPE staff in order to discuss initiatives and progress
- Plan and execute Hub events with the assistance of OSPE staff and Committees and Task Forces
- Help promote Hub events on campus and in the community
- Provide OSPE staff with input regarding successes and challenges to assist with future planning
If you are interested in becoming an Exchange Hub Ambassador, sign up now! You will need to complete the application form and send it and your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. OSPE staff will be in touch shortly with your next steps!